What could go wrong?
- Work now requires me to put into my timesheet how long I take for lunch.
- I missed an appointment on Thursday that was in my facebook events
- I missed wishing @angmoore Happy Birthday on her Birthday. Happy Birthday, Ang!
- I missed the Flickr Party which was in my facebook events
- There’s a lot of side work that I missed from search.twitter.com It’s really a great tool for finding work.
- I explained to some folks why I hadn’t approved their friend requests or follows in person. That led to interesting conversations.
- I felt a lot more focused
- There is a shared illusion of connectedness that can prevent you from achieving your dreams. I won’t let that happen to me.
- I avoided making any embarrassing statements, grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes
- I enjoyed really focusing on people physically close to me.
Nuggets of Wisdom:
- I didn’t miss twittering unless I was at a party or bar where I didn’t know anyone.
- Twitter’s search is Foucault’s panopticon.
- It’s what you don’t do on Facebook that gets you hired.