#php on irc.he.net harbors a racist coder

by barce on July 5, 2008

16:43 < barce> @niklas` i’m writing a connect4 game, and noticed that when i traverse
diagonals acutely or gravely, the only diff between the functions is their
operators: “>=” or “<=". 16:43 < barce> “++” or “–”
16:44 < barce> so instead of if ($x < $limit) $x++; i want to define an operator before hand. 16:44 < barce> e.g. $op = “++”; if ($x < $limit) $x{$op}; 16:44 <+impl> so you save one line of code?
16:45 <@horros> Now why the hell would you want to do that?
16:45 <@feti> i’m successfully confused
16:45 < barce> ya. why not?
16:45 <+impl> because it’s stupid
16:45 < barce> why is it stupid?
16:45 <+impl> Because you would have to implement runtime operator resolution so that you
don’t have to have an else { } block
16:45 < barce> not being curious is stupid.
16:46 < barce> right.
16:46 < barce> that would be pretty hard to do.
16:46 <@horros> No, being curious is good.
16:46 < barce> so i’m asking if there’s a language like that.
16:46 <+impl> I’m sure you could nigger rig it in ruby

Please, come on down to #php irc.he.net and let this impl dude know what a blight to humanity he is.

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

barce July 5, 2008 at 9:24 am

Just found out this guy is a php internals coder. OMG!

17:08 < barce> is anyone here a php internals coder?
17:08 < +impl> you need a backlight
17:09 < Biber> impl, I assume that the white background would emit light =)
17:09 < @feti> barce: all the + users

coolit July 5, 2008 at 4:45 pm

cool your shit dude.

someone said “nigger” on the internet, and you assume he’s racist?

also, + are not internals coders, you idiot…but he is a famous troll and a really smart coder for agavi.

you will find a plethora of “fuck you, you’re an idiot for thinking that” on the internet.

get used to it…and for a reference:

HelloImBarceAlterEgo July 5, 2008 at 4:49 pm

Dear sir,

I am hereby informing you that you have been trolled.

I sincerely hope you exercise your brain cells from now on as they seem to be the most lazy bunch I’ve ever faced.

Thank you for your time and all the laughs from your idiotic attitude.

Hoju July 6, 2008 at 12:21 am

Impl is black guys, get over it

a|K|a July 6, 2008 at 10:14 am

If you think impl is racist for that comment; I have some logs that would have you demanding his head on a stick. You really need to think about whether you are ready to be on internet chat or not. Especially EFNet’s #php.

A list of things that I commonly see in that channel.
– Racism
– Sexism
– Gayism
– Hate Crimes
– ASCII Art Ponies with huge penises (in full color).
And So Much More…

It is trolling from the other side… stop being a baby and get over it.

P.S. It isn’t like he called you a “Nigger”, he used a slang term “Nigger Rig” which means to do a quick fix to something (usually fast and works but not the best way to do something).

Two9A July 6, 2008 at 10:17 am

impl is about as black as I am.

Of course, I’m a terrorist, and a channel op. Take it or leave it.

Ashley^ July 6, 2008 at 3:06 pm

I hate those guys.

They ban me all the time.

sean June 23, 2009 at 10:31 am

wow, public enemy.

Brian September 3, 2014 at 1:17 pm

lol… I just stumbled across this post looking for some #php logs…

To add a little context … the guy you were trying to publicly shame in 2008, … I don’t think he was even old enough to drive when you wrote this. You were trying to publicly shame a teenager.